Newly designed Apprenticeships (often known as Trailblazers) are delivered predominantly in the workplace and designed to ensure Apprentices have the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to effectively and consistently work to national standards.
- are developed by Employers as part of a Trailblazer Development group
- contain a standard against which apprentices must demonstrate knowledge, behaviours and competence
- have an end point assessment that, when deemed ready by their employer, the apprentice must complete
- last, at least, 12 continuous months
- will require the demonstration of Maths and English skills.
BIIAB is approved as an End Point Assessment organisation for specific apprenticeship standards, with more applications in process with the SFA. To find out which apprenticeships BIIAB is currently approved to deliver End Point Assessments for please click here.
To find out which additional apprenticeships BIIAB is applying to become an End Point Assessment organisation for please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Trailblazer Apprenticeships please read the BIIAB Guide to Trailblazer Apprenticeships.
To find about the Levy and how apprenticeships will be funded please read BIIAB’s guide Trailblazer Apprenticeships - The Levy and Funding August 2016.
To find out how BIIAB will help providers, employers and apprentices through apprenticeships please read about the BIIAB Trailblazer Offering.
BIIAB also offers a large number of SASE Apprenticeship frameworks in all four nations, please click here for more information.