BIIAB may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, the policy will take effect as soon as it appears on the website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
For the interest of this policy, the below phrases are in relation to:
Website – www.biiab.org
We, us, our – for the purpose of this policy, refers to BIIAB
You, your – the user in which personal data refers to
What data we may collect
- Name and job title
- Contact information
- Details of qualifications taken
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Login details if registered as a centre contact that allows you access to the secured area (Centrezone) of the website.
We collect data if you
- Complete a form on our website
- Book a course through our website
- Contact us via phone, email or letter
- Subscribe to our updates and communications
- Have a contract with us to receive services and/or products
- Are an approved BIIAB centre
- Are a centre contact and have access to the secured area (Centrezone) of the website
If you are a trainer, IQA, Apprentice or learner, your FE College, training provider or employer may pass on personal data about you to us from within the contract they have with us, to fulfil the service and/or products we supply them with.
If you are required to provide us with personal data about another person, for example – a centre contact requesting a replacement certificate on behalf of a learner, you must ensure they agree for you to do so and that they are in agreement with this policy.
What we do with the data we collect
We require this data to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the services and/or products to you in which any contract sets out
- To improve our services and/or products
- To keep you up to date as a centre contact regarding our services and/or products, regulatory, policy or operational information from BIIAB
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have subscribed to such updates from us
- From time to time, we may also use your data to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail, if you have consented to us doing so.
- We may use the data to customise the website according to your interests
- We may use the personal data if required by law, or to conform to our legal responsibilities owe hold to our regulatory bodies such as Ofqual, ESFA, IfA, CCEA, Qualifcation Wales, SQA, SCQF
Who we share data with
We will not sell or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal data to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have subscribed to receive such updates from us.
We may pass on personal data to:
- Our regulatory bodies, such as Ofqual, ESFA, IfA, CCEA, Qualifcation Wales, SQA, SCQF
- Third party organisations, such as SIA
- Law enforcement, if the personal data we hold is required by law
- Analytics providers to continue to monitor the use of our website and to continue improve
If we buy or sell any organisation or assets, your personal data may be an asset in which is transferred.
We will ensure that any personal data transferred, or shared as set out above is done so securely.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we collect online.
This includes the requirement to login with a username and password into secured areas such as the Centrezone area. If you have been issued a password to gain access to the secured area (Centrezone) of the website, please do not disclose your password to anybody else and we would recommend you to change your password from time to time.
When corresponding with us and requesting personal data, we may ask for proof of identity before disclosure of the personal data requested. Any personal data sent to us via email or letter by you is sent at your own risk.
We give our staff training in how to handle personal data to ensure that any personal data held by us is secured. We have procedures in place to protect your personal data we hold. Where legally required to do so, we will notify you and the appropriate regulator of any suspected data security breach.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering data about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to give an overview which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this data for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any data about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any data which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, if you would like to request such data please email us. We will require proof of identification to fulfill your request.
If you believe that any data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any data found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request the removal of your personal data, if the data we hold is no longer needed for the reasons in which it was collected, if the data was unlawfully processed, if you withdraw your consent to the processing of your data. If you wish to request removal of your personal data, please email us.
You are able to change or unsubscribe from marketing communications you have previously signed up to at any time by clicking the appropriate link in the footer of any email form us, or by emailing us.
Should you have a concern about the way in which BIIAB process personal data, please email us.