Skip to main content

Enquiries on Results / Complaints

What should I do if I am unhappy about my examination result?

In the first instance you are required to contact the centre where you took the examination.  Centre’s can easily provide you with a ‘Candidate Analysis’ for multiple choice based examinations.  You can also ask the centre to request a manual remark for a multiple-choice test. BIIAB will manually remark the candidate answer sheet. For written examinations marked by BIIAB, such as the Award and the Certificate in Hospitality Business Management.

If you are still unhappy with the examination result you can ask your centre to appeal to BIIAB on your behalf.

What should I do if I want to complain about a BIIAB centre?

If you are dissatisfied with the training or service you have received from a centre, you must contact the centre in the first instance so that the centre has the opportunity to address your complaint. See attached copy of the BIIAB complaints policy. 

If you are dissatisfied with the response from the centre or you need assistance, please contact our Customer Support Department on 01276 684449 or email

If you do not consider that a complaint/appeal has been satisfactorily resolved you can complain directly to the qualification regulators. These organisations are responsible for accrediting awarding bodies and monitoring standards:


Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator) Customer Relations team


Qualifications Wales

Northern Ireland

CCEA (Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment) (note that in relation to DCELLS and CCEA the regulatory function is delegated Ofqual and therefore the first point of contact)


SQA Accreditation (Scottish Qualifications Authority)